Thursday, August 11, 2011

4x5 Bee Blocks Finished!

This is the 1st go around (but we're in the 3rd quarter) of the 4x5 bee.  It's the same concept as the popular 3x6 but this one is dedicated to all things modern (3x6 has a little of everything, but still mostly modern)  I got my blocks finished WAY before deadline.
 
This block started out WAYY different.  I had originally planned a basket weave type block, but it was a little more wonky and improved weave.  It was really cool in my head.  I did a test block and it was a big, giant fail.  I was not a fan!  So I played around with the cut pieces and came up with this block.  It's quite simple, nothing flashy.  I like how they turned out and I liked the process of playing around with the pieces.  Thanks to all my Twitter friends for input on these along the way.  Extra eyes are always nice to have!  I hope my fellow bees like their blocks!  Now to just get to the post office!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful! Love the colors you chose. I'm sure the recipients will be very happy!

Christine said...

I have never participated in a block bee. It seemed like it could be stressful but I like your blocks, good color choices. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I heart comments!