Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Guess I'm a Blogger?!?

Well, hello! I have been reading blogs written by some very talented and inspiring people and have gotten the bug to create my own! So a little about me....
My mom is a very creative person. She is an artist, interior designer, jewelry maker, sewer, fabulous mom and wonderful lady who is naturally my first inspiration! Two years ago for Christmas I got my (own!) first sewing machine. Just a little guy, nothing fancy, but perfect for starting out. A year later I used that little Singer to piece together my first quilt top...super fun. Not knowing where to go from there I put it aside to piece together some more (3) quilt tops. I was unsure on how my sleepy machine would quilt these quilts so I used my trusty ol'hands and hand quilted the three quilts to give as Christmas gifts to family.

Avalon Quilt from Material Obsessions. The green and black ones were modified from a "Wickedly Easy Quilt" pattern.




Then this Christmas the hubby got me a fabulous Brother Sewing and Embroidery machine and it is amazing. Thanks to this machine I was confident enough to machine quilt that first quilt top that was set aside over a year ago! An evening later.....

Brick Path

And that catches you up! I have a lot more ideas and plans that I am really excited about and can't wait to share with you...but for now I'm out.....things need to get done before bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!