Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine Wreath







While my house is completely torn apart to get the new floors in I had to find something that wouldn't take a lot of space to busy myself with. I came across this fabulous idea over at The Idea Room .

It was a very simple and fun project. All you need is a Styrofoam heart (I found mine at Hobby Lobby) and some red felt and straight pins.
Cut circles out of the red felt. I had a little under 3/4 yard felt and I just made circles, using a plastic cup template, until the felt was done. {I had a few left over and I'm thinking of making a Valentines pin for my jacket}

Now all that's left to do is fold your circles in half and then half again to make "rose petal" looking things.






Stick a straight pin through the point {making sure all layers of felt were on the pin} and cover your heart. You won't need to cover the back since it will be hanging and you want it to hang flat. However, you will need to cover the sides and inside well so that no white is showing.





When I was all finished I pinned a silk ribbon on for a hanger and hung it on the wall. Amy over at The Idea Room has also made a beautiful topiary and hanging balls with this same technique. This may be the extent of my Valentines project this year due to the huge mess in my house. Not only can I not get to my machine, I also have no where to work! What a shame, I had plans for some really cute dish towels.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!