Friday, January 7, 2011

Catching Up

Good news:  I was finally able to get some pictures off of my camera...
Bad news:  There wasn't that much to share!  Only one thing that I made!


 
The fabric is Urban Circus by Robert Kaufman

I did get a picture of this simple window valance that I made for the little guy's room.  It was so quick and easy that I want to make window treatments for all the windows in my house!  All I did was measure out a piece of fabric two times the window length.  I wanted the "hang down" part to be 14 inches long, 2 inches of ruffle on the top.  I put a piece of fabric 5 inches wide on the back to make the pocket for the curtain rod.  Since this window is on the upstairs floor I wasn't concerned with how the back looked since no one would see it.  If it's going to be visible you might want to line the back of the curtains (in that case the 5 inch wide fabric for the pocket wouldn't be necessary!)
I sewed down the fabric 2 inches from the top and then 2 inches down from that seam.  That made the curtain rod pocket. 
Then all that was left was to hem the top, bottom and sides and hang on the curtain rod. 
Simple and quick and sure finishes off a room!  I had enough fabric left over for the binding on the quilt that matches the colors in the valance.  (still need to take pictures of it!) 


For Christmas my wonderful husband got me one of the greatest gifts ever.....

No more late night runs to Joann's for matching thread!  Now if only I had a sewing room to hang this on the wall!

And my wonderful sister got me Miss Mango, my Blythe!  I love her!!

Posted by Picasa

And the funniest part about the Blythe packaging...
No babies!


Thankfully the little guy is still sleeping...time to wash bottles and pick up the house....guess there's no nap time again today!  (maybe tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!