Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Might Be My Favorite Yet!

Another WIP finished! Woo hoo!! I bought this fabric the day I found out I was having a boy. I designed my pattern a few days later and started cutting. I finished the binding only about 6 months later! But now it's finished and I think it's my favorite! I FMQ my go to stippling but on the bottom left corner I quilted the little guys name to make it even more special for him. I think I might hold on to this quilt until he's older!


                                        

I even took my time and did a little piecing for the back.  Usually when it comes to the back I am so ready for the quilt to be finished that I just use a solid back.  I think I'm going to take more time to piece the back from now on...I really like how it looks!

I have one more quilt that I have been hand quilting for over a year now and it is so close to being done (it has been for months now!)  My goal is to have it done by picnic season!  It's the brightest, most spring like quilt ever, perfect for spreading out on the grass with a good sandwich and a good book!  (I am so ready for that kind of weather NOW...I just might have to work on that quilt now to remind me that this cold, nasty weather doesn't last forever!)

But for now the baby is actually sleeping in time for me to make dinner...this is a first!  I better get on that if I want to eat any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!