Thursday, June 30, 2011

FWQAL Week 5


This week's blocks resulted in my favorite block and one I could care less about.  I dreaded Block 11.  It just looked like so much cutting, blah.  I couldn't find the right fabrics and decided to abandon the method of trying to match my fabric choices to the colors in the original blocks (just not enough cream, brown and yellows in my stash!)  I am so glad I did.  
Block 11: Broken Dishes
This is my favorite so far.  I love the contrast and how that brown print just pops!  
Block 12: Broken Sugar Bowl
This block actually started out as my favorite for this week and I made it first.  I was excited about the fabric choices and the design.  Once I finished it I really didn't like it!  I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite.  Once it's mixed with 110 others I'll forget about it!

I can't wait to get to next weeks blocks (so much so that I might just make them today!)


12 Finished!
99 To Go!

3 comments:

Tiffany @ Another Pie In The Sky said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful!! Can't wait to get my book and join in!

Nicky said...

i love your blocks and think they will be great in the quilt

Leanne said...

Nice work! Isn't it fun how two a week just add up so quickly.

Post a Comment

I heart comments!