Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Sorry for the lack of posts!  I have a bunch of stuff on my camera to share but ever since our little one was born I just can't find the time to get the pictures off the camera!  No new sewing has been done these past two weeks (has it really been two weeks?!  It seems like one big, long day with a bunch of little naps!)  The past two weeks have been full of  holidays, visitors, diaper changes, feedings and deep cleaning of the house, but we are slowly getting into a routine, and once that happens I will have more time between feedings to get some sewing and blogging done! *fingers crossed!*

2010 was such a good year both creatively and personally.  I started this blog (and I will get better about posting!) as a way to keep track of all the things I make, the KMQG was formed and I met some wonderful people through it, and my skills in both quilting and general sewing have improved.  I feel so much more comfortable with my free motion quilting and machine binding (although I still would rather hand sew the back of the binding, it just seems more right that way!)  I've made some great quilts and bags and dresses. 

I have a lot planned for 2011.  I'm afraid to write out any sewing goals since I know they won't get done.  Right now I would just be happy for an hour to sit at my machine and create!  I think first up is a new outfit for my new Blythe doll that my fabulous sister got for me for Christmas. (I have a picture of Miss Mango but yet again, it's on the camera and with a sleeping baby on my chest I can't go get it!)

I hope you all have a wonderful 2011!  Here's to a whole new year of creating, sewing and spending time with the ones you love!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year!!! Congrats to you on the birth of your little one! Can't wait to see all the pics!!!! Hope you get to sew a little bit very soon! Big hugs!

Post a Comment

I heart comments!