Saturday, March 12, 2011

KMQG Mug Rug Swap

We had our KMQG meeting this morning....complete with record attendance!  We planned a whole bunch of wonderful events for the year, including possible retreat!  

Our activity for this month was a mug rug swap.  Silly me, being invincible and all, thought I should make a mug rug that says KMQG.  Designed a great design on my graph paper and was ready to go.  I figured to make it a good mug rug size my half square triangles needed to be 1 inch.  Ok, I thought, that's not too bad I can so make 1 inch hst.  Yeah, not fun!  Looking at it I see a million things I would have done differently, but I'm glad I challenged myself with something so ridiculously small...made me realize that I need to change my plans for Miss Mango's quilt!

This is the mug rug I got in return.  Jennifer made this beauty.  She was smart and made a simple ticker tape mug rug and it turned out great.  It's made from some of her scraps from a quilt that I absolutely adore.  I was very happy to receive this in the swap...purple is my favorite color and all!  Thanks Jennifer!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you like it! I thought yours was so cute!

Lori Gibson said...

I loved all of the mug rugs and yours turned out beautifully. :)

Stephanie said...

I love your mug rug Kristen! You did a great job! I think everyone's mug rugs turned out great!

Post a Comment

I heart comments!